top of page

Moving In

Moving is hard work! And it can feel more stressful when it involves navigating shared spaces and unfamiliar surroundings. To help make your move a smooth one and minimise disruptions for other residents, we ask you to follow the steps below.

  • Make your move between 9:00am – 4:00pm, Monday to Sunday.

  • A week before moving in, email Jake at VBCS with the following:

    • The date(s) and time(s) of your move.

    • Details of your removalists public liability insurance (e.g. Certificate of Currency).

  • Jake (VBCS) will have protective covers fitted to the lift and, if necessary, organise an additional hard rubbish collection.

  • Photograph any pre-existing damage in the common area walkways to your apartment.

  • Keep the driveway entrances clear. Council designated drop-off/pick-up short-term parking is available in Lynch Street at the rear of the property. It's easiest to park on the weekends in Lynch Street.

  • Ensure the lift remains available for other residents and their visitors. Please don’t hold the lift by interfering with the lift door sensors.

  • Look out for fire sprinkler heads. There’s one above the door just inside your apartment. If it’s struck, you may receive a costly visit from the Metropolitan Fire Brigade.  MFB charges are paid for by the responsible party.

  • Maintain the security of our building and the safety of our residents as you move. If you need to keep a door open, have someone there to keep watch.

  • Throw out unwanted packaging materials using the bins on the lower ground next to the lift.

Please flatten boxes before placing them in the recycling bins.

For more on rubbish including hard rubbish, see here.

Moving In: Clients

Accidental damage

Take a deep breath.

  • Report the accidental damage from your move to Jake (VBCS).

  • Send photos of the accidental and pre-existing damage to Jake.

  • If necessary, repairs or damage will be rectified and charged to the responsible party.

  • Unreported damage identified by the Owners Corporation will be charged to the responsible lot owner. Including damage to the lift's sensors.

Moving In: Clients

Connecting services


Electricity is the only energy source you need to connect. Gas for your stovetop is already supplied through the Owners Corporation via a bulk gas arrangement.

CitiPower is the electricity network distributor (the poles and wires company). To connect power to your apartment, you need to set up a plan with an energy retailer.

To compare energy plans and find the energy retailer with the best plan for you, try:

Victorian Energy Compare offers an independent assessment of retail energy plans based on the information you provide about your household and energy use.

Moving In: Clients


Yarra Valley Water is the retailer for water and sewage services. Information about opening and closing an account is available here.

For faults contact: 13 27 62

Moving In: Clients


NBN Fibre to the Building (FTTB) plans are available through Telstra, Optus, TPG and iiNet.

Moving In: Clients
Moving In: Text
bottom of page